Geomatic Consulting International first started surveying on construction projects in Vietnam in 1997 when the firm was awarded the long-term survey contract by the main contractor on the Ham Thuan Hydroelectric Power project in Lam Dong province.
This was soon followed by a 30-month contract on the My Thuan Cable Stayed Bridge project over the Mekong River for the Australian/German Joint Operation: Baulderstone Hornibrook/Bilfinger+Berger.
GCI was formally incorporated in 1998 (BVI) and a Vietnam Resident Representative Office was established in Ho Chi Minh City in 2003. Geographic Technology Solutions (A GCI-owned Vietnamese company) started trading in survey and mapping equipment in Vietnam in 2004 and has since 2007 operated as a fully licensed survey and mapping company (Cong ty TNHH TM – DV Dia Ly Ky Thuat Giai Phap).
GCI (Cambodia) Ltd and GCI (Myanmar) Ltd were both established in 2012, with offices in Phnom Penh and Yangon. Geomatic Consulting International Ltd was incorporated in Hong Kong in May 2016.
The GCI Group currently consists of:
- Geomatic Consulting International Ltd (Hong Kong)
- Geographic Technology Solutions (Vietnam)
- Geomatic Consulting International (Cambodia) Ltd
- Geomatic Consulting International (Myanmar) Ltd
As of May 2016 the GCI Group has completed sales and service contracts in 9 countries in the Asia Pacific (APAC) Region:
|· Bangladesh||· Laos|
|· Cambodia||· Myanmar|
|· Hong Kong||· New Zealand|
|· India||· Vietnam|
GCI currently employs a staff of around 20 people, managed by an international survey engineer with over 22 years experience surveying in the region. Our senior surveyors all speak English, have been with GCI for at least 7 years and have extensive experience on infrastructure and construction projects working alongside international client engineers, managers and supervisors.
Services and Sales
GCI’s core range of surveying and mapping services includes:
- Topographic and hydrographic mapping,
- Site and boundary surveying,
- Engineering (civil and mechanical) surveying,
- As-built surveys
In addition to the above primary services, we have also undertaken:
- Aerial photography and UAV mapping,
- Building condition surveys,
- Dimensional Surveys
- Environmental monitoring (vibration, noise and air).
- Heavy load monitoring, dimensional surveys,
- Leasable area surveys and building measure-ups,
- Stockpile, earthworks and volumetric calculations,
- Road and drainage design and
GCI is also an authorised reseller of high resolution (0.3m -0.8m) satellite imagery from DigitalGlobe, as well as survey grade GPS equipment and software from Ashtech, Spectra Precision and Nikon. We partner with HeliMap SA for airborne (helicopter) LiDAR mapping and Ground Search for geotechnical and soil investigation.
|Specialist Skills and Capabilities:|
©2010-2018 Geomatic Consulting International